Monday, July 16, 2012

Thank You!!

Hello followers! I can’t thank those of you following enough for the encouragement you give me.
Today was a hard day for me. I spent this weekend at the lake with my in-laws and had an incredible time, but this morning I felt like I needed a weekend to recover from the weekend. Add having only 1.5 weeks of school left for the semester, and you get a very distracted Diana. Around 5:00 this evening I realized I forgot to do my crunches during my daughter’s nap, so I started doing them while she played in her walker. She thought it was the funniest thing ever.
After my husband got home and we ate dinner I did not want to run. For the first time in over 6 weeks (today was the first run of week 7) I was not excited to run. But, I ran anyway. Today’s run was 20 minutes running, 3 minutes walking, 5 minutes running. It was much easier than I expected it to be, but then again it was a little slower than normal. I was really disappointed in myself until my wonderful husband informed me that even professional runners have days that aren’t as fast as others. I feel much better now.
After writing this I realize that today was actually a really good day. I lacked motivation, but I still pushed myself. I was tired, but I didn’t make an excuse. I stayed on track when I didn’t want to. AND, this weekend I had no internet connection. No internet is horrible when you are doing weight watchers online. Because of this, every morning my husband and I drove into town and I hopped on the weight watchers mobile site and entered in most of what I would be eating that day. I thought I was doing a really good job, but was a little worried this morning that I had gained weight. I stepped on the scale, and I can’t say what it said, but I will say it was less than my weight in on Friday!
Normally when I went to family functions, especially ones where there were 3 cakes and homemade ice cream (we were celebrating 4 birthdays), I would have blown it. But, this weekend I did not eat a single piece of cake or ice cream. I am SOOO proud of the differences I am seeing in myself. This really is a new me.
And, that’s why I thank you. What I haven’t told you is that whenever I really wanted a piece of cake I thought about how embarrassed I would be if I had a gain instead of a loss. When I didn’t want to run earlier I thought about how empty my blog would look if I didn’t have a run to blog about. So, thank you followers for giving me the motivation I needed today.

2 comments:

  1. Good job and way to keep at it! I'm proud of you. Don't give up. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have repeated that so many times! As well as "those who trust in the Lord will find new strength....They will run and not grow weary"

      Delete