Friday, August 3, 2012

Physical And Spiritual Weigh In

Another 1.6 pounds gone!!! I’m only 9 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, and 4 pounds from halfway to goal!!!
I was a little surprised that I had a loss, as this week hasn’t been the best for activity. I worked out hard on Wednesday, doing both my elliptical training and running outside for the first time. The outdoors run was something else, and I am still sore from it today.
I did my ab work Monday, Wednesday, and will be doing it this afternoon. Last night it was still 101 at 7:45, so we decided to wait until 8:00 before we ran. It wasn’t as much for us, but I don’t want Aria to be burning up in her stroller for 40 minutes. Around 7:55 we heard thunder and by 8:00 we were witnessing a beautiful lightning show. That meant we weren’t running. In a way I was disappointed, but in another way I felt blessed. If it hadn’t been so hot, we would have been nearly half way around the track when it began to thunder and lightning. I don’t think a metal stroller is the best place for a little girl during a lightning storm.
Needless to say, this week’s activity was a FAR cry from the activity of the past few weeks, but it was my only week off. Monday I will begin the 60 minute running program, and then Tuesday we will be out on the track again. I am excited for next week.
Today I have been thinking a lot about sin. I guess the topic has been everywhere, and I want to say that I don’t like sin. I believe everything the bible says is a sin, is a sin. I don’t believe that any sin is more evil than any other. I do believe that some sins have bigger earthly consequences than others, but that is that.
What I want to talk about today doesn’t involve sexual sin…it doesn’t involve any else’s sin either, it is a confession of my sin. I have dealt with gluttony most of my life. Eating is not a sin, splurging occasionally on an unhealthy food (sweets or chips, etc.) is not a sin, but the lack of self-control is a sin. According to Galatians 5:22-23 self-control is one of the fruits of the spirit.  I had NO self-control when it came to food. Proverbs speaks of the woes of gluttony several times.
I ignored that part of the bible. Food made me happy. I liked feeling full. Well, now I realize I was really making myself a fool of myself. I was not practicing any self-control, and it was an issue that was coming between me and God, because I was willingly sinning.
Something I realized through the complications I had while pregnant was that God’s laws are there to protect us. If I had not sinned, and had had the self-control over food, I would most likely not dealt with preeclampsia, and I probably would have been able to breastfeed my daughter. Being overweight caused many problems, and as I lose weight I am discovering I was robbing myself of things that I didn’t even know about…I was so big I couldn’t cross my legs in a seat. Yup, that’s a problem. Now I feel victorious every time I cross my legs.
Now that I’m almost half way to goal, I realize I need to continue exhibiting self-control over food and to exercise.  I am also going to have to let God build patience in me. I hope God allows the wait for graduation, hitting my goal weight, and our first family vacation (all happening in May) to be patience building enough.
Overall, in this journey, I know I am strengthening my relationship with Christ. I want His will to be mine, and I want others to know that I love Him just by viewing my actions. For Him I will not give up. For Him I will not go back to the way I was. And for Him I will demonstrate to my children how God intended us to live. That he does not want us to be lazy gluttons, but that our bodies are His temple, and that we need to take care of His temple, beautifying it physically and spiritually.  

No comments:

Post a Comment