Friday, August 10, 2012

Weigh In!!!

So, today was weigh in, and I lost 2.7 pounds this week!!! YAY! That is really incredible, all things considered.
I’ve started thinking that I’m too focused on my weight loss lately, so this post is going to be a little different. Many people don’t really know much about me, so I thought I may give you a little insight into who I am.

First and foremost, I am a God follower. I am a disciple of Christ, and I am NOT perfect. I think part of discipleship is that I’m always learning. And, I’m almost always messing up. I am extremely grateful for God’s grace and forgiveness, and I experience it every day.
Next, I am a wife. Next week I get to celebrate four years of marriage to my best friend. He is the most amazing man I have ever met. I had begun to doubt whether or not any man would strive to follow God’s standards for a husband and father when I met him. My husband is not perfect, but he sure tries. The fact that he puts God first is the most amazing thing in the world, and I am so blessed to be his wife.
I also have a six month old daughter. This you all know, but I can’t seem to stop talking about her. She is the most precious little girl, and I praise God for her every day!
I am a stay-at-home mom. I found a letter I wrote to God when my husband and I first got married, and in it I gave God my future. I had big plans of being a sports writer back then (excuse me while I wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes). I don’t remember writing this letter to God, but it makes it very clear that I felt the call to be a homemaker, and I didn’t like it, but I submitted to that in the letter. Today, I can’t imagine doing anything else. This is the best job in the world, and I want to be a mommy to several little ones.
I plan to homeschool our little ones. The Bible tells us to train our children in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6), and that we shall teach our children the commandments of the Lord (Deuteronomy 6:5-9). We believe that public schools are overcrowded and so harshly regulated about what the teach, that they are not where we want our children. We do NOT believe public schools are evil (we both got excellent educations through public school systems), but we believe it is our duty to ensure our children are learning what we want them to. There is nothing that will change our mind on this…don’t bother trying.
Probably next on the list is that I’m a sports fanatic. I love to watch all sorts of sports, and I admire the skills athletes have. Sports seem so physically and mentally challenging and I am in awe of those that excel at them (and even those that don’t). We are huge University of Oklahoma Sooners fans (BOOMER SOONER)!!! My husband is an alum and I will graduate with my bachelor’s from there in May. We attend many of the football games, and look forward to football season from the moment our bowl game ends in January. Yes, we’re a little fanatical, but it is what we do as a couple. It brings us closer together, and we both thoroughly enjoy it.
In a nutshell that’s me. I’m a disciple, a wife, a mom, a future teacher, and a fan. I’m not perfect by any means, but I love my life and I’m grateful God has blessed me with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment