Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Gold Medal Week

Oh wow this has been a busy two weeks. I had another loss yesterday, making it a 1.7 lb loss for the week! I’m only tenths of a pound away from having lost 50 pounds!!! I can’t believe it. It seems like it’s taking forever, but at the same time I feel as though I just began this journey.

The same day my summer semester began, I began my 8-week running program. Well yesterday I finished my summer semester, and I should have finished my running program, but I hurt my ankle. Today my ankle is feeling better, but I will give it until Monday before I hit the elliptical for my last run of the 30 minute program. THEN, I get to start something new.

Next week I will run the 30 minute run on the elliptical Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, just as I have been doing. But Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday my husband and I are going to begin the program again outdoors. We bought a used jogging stroller and I am very excited to see how I do on the pavement. I have no doubt that I have the cardio stamina to run the 30 minutes on pavement (which should equal about 5K), but I am not sure how my joints and muscles will do. I’m excited to start the program again and be able to do something good for our family.

I think I am most excited that my daughter gets to be a part of this health journey, by riding in her stroller. It encourages me that she will get to see her parents working towards a healthier lifestyle. AND, depending on how the pavement treats me, I am considering entering my first 5K. Much of the 5K is uphill L but, I still think I want to do it.

Also, yesterday marked a special day for me. I mentioned earlier I finished my summer semester last night (yes, I finished up a paper while watching the Olympics opening ceremony). This means I am officially a SENIOR!!! In May, when I should reach my weight loss goal, I will also be graduating. Actually graduation is the date I really want to be at my weight loss goal by!

I hope you are enjoying the Olympics. It acts as a definite inspiration to reaching my goal. Seeing all of these athletes in great condition, makes me realize I want to be able to play sports with my children, and not be hindered by my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment