Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Praise You In The Storm

God knows His plans. The entire time Cam went through this job interview process we have prayed that if this was not God’s will that we would not get it. We found out this afternoon it was not God’s will.
This job seemed to be an answered prayer, Cameron was almost a shoe in, but God had other plans. We thought we saw how God was going to financially take care of our newborn’s medical care, by providing her with insurance. But, God knew better.
With as surprised as I am, I take comfort that God is not surprised at all. He knew our heart’s cry was for His will to be done. That above all we wanted His provision. He knows we don’t want to take a step without His guidance, so he guided us.
Max Lucado tweeted something that resonates deeply with me today. He asked, “Do you see closed doors as interruptions of your plans, or indications of God’s plan?” Well, today I choose to see this door as an indication of God’s plans.
As much as it hurts right now, I know that God has a plan…and that thought is exciting. I know that there is something bigger and better in store for my husband and our little family. It may not be financially bigger or better, but spiritually it will be. If it’s nothing more than teaching us even more how to rely on Him, what better thing could it be?
We have been through this before. We have been asked to step out in faith, and we have. Once again we are standing on the water like Peter, but though the waves may come up around us, we refuse to lose sight of Who really matters.
This is God’s time. We know that He has a plan for us. He has a plan to prosper us. He wants to give us a hope and future (Jeremiah 29:11). We will trust in Him and we refuse to lean on our oh-so-limited earthly understanding. (Proverbs 3:5-6). We will spend time worshipping our Lord through this, because all we can have is gratitude that He has allowed a little pain now, so that we can experience BIG victory later!
Thank you for your prayers today! I plan to get back to the Christmas stories tomorrow, but tonight I will spend time worshipping my Lord and loving on my husband.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing a woman of God speak like that :) You are such a great influence to show me a glimpse of what struggles a married couple faces and how that reflects God's glory. I am blessed to have someone like you to look up too and recieve insight from your honesty.

    I pray that God takes Cameron right where he needs to be! :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete