Friday, August 17, 2012

Everything's Falling

So I’m back as I promised. I won’t lie; this post is much easier than I anticipated. Last night was incredible. Our anniversary dinner was INCREDIBLE, and I stayed on point. We didn’t have a big celebration, but our night was perfect (at least I felt like it was).
This morning I was hesitant to step on the scale, but I did it. I probably wouldn’t have if it hadn’t been for the blog. I looked at the number, and had to re-weigh myself 3 times before I believed it. I lost 3.5 pounds this week. I’m only 2.8 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, and I’m over half way to goal!!!!!
 I guess my body needed a little break to continue losing. I don’t know. I know I feel mentally better today, and like I am recharged for this. I don’t feel like I’m constantly depriving myself anymore. Maybe every three months or so I need to have a few days when I’m not so strict on my diet/exercise regimen…maybe not.
Okay, now I’m going to steal a little of your time to talk about something I’m getting really excited about. Most of the schools in the area have begun, and my semester officially begins on Monday. This is a big deal to me because a new school year signals the beginning of my favorite season: fall.
I LOVE fall! The temperatures become cooler, which is even more delightful after the extreme heat this summer.  I love to watch the leaves change colors and begin to fall, and this year it is even more beautiful as we’re now surrounded by more beautiful scenery than I’ve ever been (NWA is incredible beautiful). Fall also brings some of my favorite foods. All things warm, spicy, and comforting belong in the fall…and not just food wise, but clothing too. I can’t wait to sink into the comfort of my favorite hoody and jeans (which I’ll be back in VERY soon…if I’m not already).
All of these things are part of why I love fall, but my favorite part is the marriage enrichment program my husband and I enter: football season!!! Okay, many of you may be wondering how this is marriage enrichment, when for many couples it means hubby spends all his time in front of the tv and the wife had better not interrupt him…but it’s not that way for us. When we started dating my husband took me to my first University of Oklahoma football game. It was INCREDIBLE! I not only fell in love with the school, but I fell in love with sports. I could go on forever about it, but I won’t. Since then our weekends in the fall are spent watching football…non-stop.
This year we have a new person to route for on the professional level. My husband’s boss’s son is a highly skilled football player, and we are excited to watch him play on Sundays (or Mondays, Thursdays…whenever he plays and it’s televised).
Stick with me for one more paragraph. I have to brag on my husband for a moment. My husband was a very skilled football player in high school as well…and would have been in college if he wasn’t injured his senior year. Because of his experience he is very knowledgeable about the sport. It is amazing to watch him explain why a play broke down, and what a player could have done better, without being a jerk about it. He explains it so I can learn. I love how he teaches me more about his passion. I love learning about the sport and the positions, and I love that he can teach me. THIS combined with our extra dates for games, is why football season is marriage enrichment for us.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diana! I found you through your sponsorship of All My Love For All My Days. I am looking forward to reading your blog!

    I too love fall -and football. My husband played through high school - my sons did not play - they were tall and thin, and did the track thing.....but my nephew is a sophomore and is the starting center on his high school team this year, so I am eagerly awaiting the season!
    I guess though, we really are (or used to be!) "rivals"....although I am a University of Illinois grad, my youngest just graduated from Mizzou...... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. For some reason I didn't see you had commented until today (I wish I could blame technology, but I'm sure I did something wrong).

    Hopefully since we are no longer rival schools you can put up wit hany OU talk that I have this season ;) Most of our weekends revolve around the season, so I'm sure the blog will have many stories of happenings during the games.

    I am always amazed by people who can run track. I am learning to run as part of this fitness journey, but I am no good at it. As much as I want to run outside, it hurts my knees, so I'm banished to the elliptical. I wish your nephew the best of luck this season! I hope you get to enjoy his skills this fall!

    I hope you enjoy the blog, and I promise not to let comments go unanswered this long again!

    ReplyDelete